Radio Licence

Since 1927 any pilot has to hold an appropriate radio licence to use and communicate via radio on board of any aircraft.

In Austria, an exam - which is taken by the telecommunication authority "Fernmeldebehörde" - has to be passed. This certificate is the basic requirement and permission for any pilot to use the radio.

Different Certificates

In Austria following certificates are available:

  • BFZ (limited for VFR inland flights, German only; limited for flights in German speaking countries)
  • EFZ (limited for VFR, german and English)
  • AFZ (general communication certificate for any VFR and IFR flight in German and English around the world)

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.